Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, and Keep on Snowing

It is snowing pretty hard here. I can't wait to go skiing! We just got to go outside yesterday at school!:) My friend, Rainah was sick though so she couldn't enjoy it.:( It was very windy and the snow was right in our faces. I've been waiting for it though, so I don't mind. I am more excited for the Golden Retriever pup we might be getting. It will probably be female. I like Lilly the best, but Dad not so much. So far we are leaning towards Lucy. Tell me if you have any other names! Not a lot of people seem too excited. That includes you Muser! One of my friends dislikes all of the names we have thought of. "You can't name a dog a people name!" I pointed out that one of her own dog's name is Lady which could be a person name like a Lord or Lady. Her other dog's name is Simba, which I forgot to tell her means lion in Sawhili or some place like that. She also told me that if the dog is big, name it Tiny and if it is small, name it huge. I feel bad for whatever dog falls into her hands! I told her that I might as well name it Estupido (Spanish for stupid), and she thought that was a great name! I got kind of annoyed, so I asked if she had any better ideas. "What about Abilabi?" I just felt dumbstruck, so I changed the subject to the instruments we play, since Rainah had just started the French Horn. I play the drums and my friend plays the viola. She said drums were easy! You just bang on it. She doesn't even know how to hold a stick, play a five stroke roll, or even do a flam! She can't even twirl a stick, even though for months I tried to show her. Finally, she said that I couldn't play the viola- who cares? So I changed the subject to books, which everyone fell asleep in. Well, I hope that everyone is happy and well, and doesn't have friends who abuses your instruments.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Kirsten told me about your blog. I like Lucy. If you get a dog call me cause I want to come see her. I got your thank you note today, very pretty card. Thank you
Aunt Ann